WELCOME TO THE
IWS connects and empowers Metis women across the province through
cultural heritage, employment programs, community engagement, leadership & governance development.
We want to hear your voice!
The MMF and IWS have commissioned Probe Research – an independent public opinion research company – to conduct a survey of IWS members.
Your opinions are very valuable and will help us make life better for Metis women and girls across Manitoba!CLICK HERE
THE STORY OF OUR SASH
These Sashes are only given out to honour or to thank individuals who have given back to their community – with no expectation of recognition or appreciation. We ask those that are honored with our Sash to wear it proudly, as you become part of our family.
IWS CREATED AND DESIGNED THEIR OWN SASH, UTILIZING THE MEANING BEHIND THEIR LOGO WHICH HAS A VARIETY OF ELEMENTS:
- the yellow color represents the sweeping lines of the Red River Cart tracks used in our ancestral travels;
- the red color represents our distinct Metis culture as portrayed in many Metis Nation Sashes;
- the black color represents the road and path that Métis women have travelled throughout history;
- the blue color represents the profile of all Metis women, as a reflection of a calm yet proud and strong Metis woman that is looking towards the future;
- and the pink color represents all our loved ones that we have lost in our lives and that they are still close to our hearts.
The Sash has become a widely recognized symbol of IWS and very sought after. We have received numerous requests from women who would like to purchase them, but the Sash is considered a symbol of IWS and cannot be bought or duplicated; it must be earned. These Sashes are only given out to honour or to thank individuals who have given back to their community – with no expectation of recognition or appreciation. We ask those that are honoured with our Sash to wear it proudly, as you become part of our family.
THE INFINITY WOMEN SECRETARIAT LOGO HAS A VARIETY OF ELEMENTS REFLECTED IN THE LOGO:
The sweeping gold lines of the hair represent the red river cart tracks used in our history, the sash, although obvious as a “sash” also represents the road that Métis women have travelled through history and also the path towards the future…. her profile is meant to represent all Métis women, she is reflected with a calm yet strong profile looking towards the future.
We are very proud of our name and our logo and will continue to promote it throughout our work….
Join our mailing list
Join now to see what you are missing! Get updates, news, and articles.
Join us today because we know that success is only possible when we work toward a set of common goals.
BECOME A MEMBER!